I made them for Valentine´s day this year...but they are great for any occasion, they are very fun to make and so delicious! Can´t wait to make them again!
Pink strawberry cupcakes, with cream cheese frosting
- 1 cup strawberry yoghurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- Red food coloring
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 1 3oz. cream cheese bar
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar
1. Preheat you oven at 375ºF (180ºC).
2. In a large bowl place yoghurt, vegetable oil, eggs and the rest of the dry ingredients. Then add red food coloring until you get the desired tone.
3. Fill the cupcake molds with an ice-cream spoon until 3/4 of the cup.
4. Put them in the oven for aproximately 15 minutes of until a toothstick comes out clean.
For preparing the cream cheese frosting:
1. Beat the package of cream cheese with the butter and vanilla, until light and fluffy. Then beat in milk and gradually add the icing sugar until the icing is consistent.
2. Dip the cupcakes into this frosting and add sprinkles if you want, eat right away of wait until the frosting has dried.
3. Take a bite out of these pretty cupcakes as soon as possible!
Like I did: Chocolate Cupcakes with mint buttercream
I got this recipe from http://www.marthastewart.com/, it is a vanilla cupcake recipe, but just add a cup of sweet or bitter cocoa, and you´re done! Here´s the recipe: http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.fc77a0dbc44dd1611e3bf410b5900aa0/?vgnextoid=1c766b7a81f63110VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&backto=true
For the mint buttercream try this recipe, and just add mint extract: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxWmiHRTMz8
And here´s a picture of how they look inside =)