OMG....this apple pie is absolutely amazing! You can eat it chilled, or maybe warm, o even add it some vanilla icecream, why not??
175 grs. butter, at room tº
2 1/2 cups AP flour
3/4 cup sugar+3Tbsp
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp lemon or orange zest
1 tsp cinnamon powderRum if wanted
1. Preheat oven at 375º (180ºC), and grease a ronund baking pan, set aside.
2. Put all the dry ingredients in a large bowl, mix and add the butter with the tip of your fingers, then add the egg and knead. Then roll it forming a circle and put the dough into the round baking pan, making sure to leave enough dough for covering the pie.
3. Meanwhile peel the apples and make very thin slices, put them in a saucepan with hot butter, and add the cinnamon, sugar and some rum if you want to, cook them until they are very soft.
4. Pour the apples into the baking pan and cover the pie with the remaining dough.
5. Finally bake the apple pie for about 30 to 35 mins...or until golden =)