It took me like 2 days to bake and paint these cookies, and it would´ve take me much longer if my good friend Claudia wouldn´t have helped me =) but they were really worth it! Don´t cha think? They don´t look perfect because I had to carry them out and it was a sunny day...so they started to melt a little bit...but the taste is what most matters...and it was great! Thanks For your help Clu!!
Lemon and orange cookies (same dough, different citric):
- 4 cups non-rising flour
- 1 cup butter, at room tº
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp lemon zest/2 tsp orange zest
- 3 tbsp lemon/orange juice
For the glaze:
- Icing sugar
- Lemon/orange juice
- Food coloring
* This recipe makes about 70 cookies, you have to divide the recipe in two, so you can add lemon or orange....obviously =)
1. Beat in half of the butter, orange or lemon zest, sugar and salt, until smooth (the half of everything). Add the 2 eggs one by one, without stop beating. Then add orange/lemon juice and incorporate the sifted flour carefully.
2. Knead the dough until it is ready to stretch....use more flour if needed.
3. Cut 1/2" circles and put in greased baking pan...bake at 375ºF for about 8 minutes.
4. Prepare the glaze: Mix icing sugar with lemon or orange juice and then add food coloring until you get the wanted tone.
5. Have fun painting your cookies!