2 cups sugar4 cups flour, or necessary to make it firm
orange zest (from at least 3 big oranges)
orange juice if necessary
1. Preheat oven at 375º (180ºC), and cover the baking sheet with butter paper.
2. Cream butter, sugar and orange zest. Then add eggs one by one, beating well after each addition.
3. Add sifted flour, and beat well until everything is incorporated, the dough must be firm so you can roll it and cut it...if necessary you can add more flour. If you want to you can add orange juice, to intensify the orange taste.
4. Knead the dough a little bit, then roll it and cut it, the dough must be at least 2 inches, or 0,5 centimeters. And finally bake for 10 to 15 mins, or until golden.
* Remember to cut the windows and the door before baking!
To arm this house I only used glaze, I put in a bowl about a cup of icing sugar, and added warm water until it was very very thick, like almost about to dry....put it in a pastry bag and literally guled the entire house! It dried in seconds!
For the snow I made meringe, I used 3 egg whites, 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water...you beat the egg whites until soft picks are formed, and then add the syrup when it comes to a boiling point, and beated the meringue until it was cool and shiny.
The decoration is up to you...I used some marshmallows, candy canes, some mints....etc.
Hope you enjoy it!